Check out our full list of conservative Hollywood celebrities. Also, learn How Conservative Hollywood Became a Liberal Town.
While Hollywood is still light-years away from being a conservative town, more and more right-leaning celebrities are finding their way into Tinseltown's mainstream.
Outright conservative activism is still frowned upon widely by Hollywood Hills executives and most of the film industry still produces liberal-leaning movies and television shows, but there are celebrities willing to swim against the stream while holding tight to their conservative principles.
Following is a partial list of confirmed Hollywood conservatives who deserve recognition for their unwavering committiment to the conservative cause (click on their names to see one of the three credible sources I used to determine whether they were, in fact, conservatives worthy of inclusion on the list):
- Ben Stein, author and former gameshow host
- Kelsy Grammer, former star of Cheers, Frasier and Back to You
- Healther Locklear star of Melrose Place and Spin City
- Dennis Hopper: Actor, Director & Two-Time Academy Award Nominee
- Patricia Heaton: TV Actor, Female Lead in TV's Everybody Loves Raymond
- Robert Duvall, film actor
- Sylvester Stallone, star of the Rocky movies
- Tom Selleck, former Magnum P.I. star
- John Voigt, film actor
- Drew Carey, host of The Price is Right
- Kurt Russell, film actor
- Ted Nugent, rock star
- John Stossel, host of ABC's 20/20
- Angie Harmon star of Law & Order
- Elizabeth Hasselbeck, co-host of The View
Though it has been many years since liberals were hunted and, in some cases, falsely accused of being communists by the likes of Sen. Joe McCarthy, Hollywood has become an unfriendly place for conservatives. If, however, more conservatives show themselves to be friendly, socially responsible people, perhaps the tinseltown mentality won't be so exclusionary.
Lists like this are a start.