According to a post by Meg Stapleton on former Gov. Sarah Palin's facebook page, there are no truth to the rumors -- and rumors is all they are.
Yet again, some so-called journalists have decided to make up a story. There is no truth to the recent “story” (and story is the correct term for this type of fiction) that the Palins are divorcing. The Palins remain married, committed to each other and their family, and have not purchased land in Montana (last week it was reported to be Long Island).This supposed blockbuster news story apparently originated on Aug. 1, 2009 at the anti-Palin site, AlaskaReport.com, which alleged that it received "confirmed" the story from "multiple Wasilla sources" including "a former Palin staffer." The article also cited previous "news" stories by the National Enquirer that allege the Palins have each had extra-marital affairs.
Less than one week ago, Governor Palin asked the media to “quit making things up.” We appreciate that the more professional journalists decided to question this story before repeating it.
As if to legitimize the story, the site also offers photos depicting Palin without her wedding ring along with speculation from the MSNBC, which reported that the Palins separated from one another immediately after her farewell speech on July 26, 2009.
AlaskaReport.com is operated by CNN correspondent Dennis Zaki -- which should give conservatives more reasons to question that network's "news" coverage.
Although most major media outlets ignored the story at first, the great amount of Internet buzz soon made a legitimate story necessary to either corroborate or debunk the rumors.
The more mainstream journalists investigated the tall tale, the more it became clear that Palin was not seeking a divorce from her husband. As she told Stacy McCain, who posted it to her blog, "Divorce Todd? Have you seen Todd? I may be just a renegade hockey mom, but I'm not blind!"
Sarah Palin FAQ Index
- Why did Sarah and Todd Palin announce that their teenage daughter was pregnant?
- Was Sarah Palin chosen to be John McCain's running-mate just because she's attractive?
- Will Sarah Palin's family get in the way of her duties as vice-president?
- Did Sarah Palin commit nepotism as mayor of Wasilla, Alaska
- Did Sarah Palin propose banning books at the Wasilla Public Library?
- Did Sarah Palin try to have her former brother-in-law fired from his job as an Alaska State Trooper?
- Did Sarah Palin ever support the "Bridge to Nowhere"?
- Will Sarah Palin’s interview with Katie Couric factor into the VP Debate?
- Is Sarah Palin's "folksy" talk all schtick?
- Are Todd and Sarah Palin really getting a divorce?